Renowned for its rich history, Bendigo showcases impressive period architecture, however there are few properties in our city that can compare to this greatly admired masterpiece.
Circa 1896 and known as “Avondale”, it's situated only 600m from the CBD, and exhibits breathtaking preservation of old world charm intertwined with modern inclusions and improvements.
- Grand entrance hall leads to the formal rooms with polished Baltic pine flooring flowing through to a spacious home library/office (or bedroom), formal lounge, study/sewing room, and the majestic Ballroom (or entertaining/formal dining) featuring stunning pressed metal ceiling and lead lighting.
- Second floor comprises family bathroom, along with 3 spacious bedrooms with the main including ensuite. Tasmanian Huon pine staircase is elegantly finished with a feature statue “Etoile de la Mer”, along with an intricately created, double curved French polished banister.
- The journey from period elegance to stylish contemporary is experienced on the ground level hallway where the main bathroom exhibits a flawless marble finish, equivalent to any 6 star hotel, which continues on to the remainder of the residence.
- The main living space has been completed with exquisite taste and includes a spacious open plan kitchen/meals and family area. “Like parking a Mercedes in your Kitchen” is a fitting way to describe the impressive array of stainless steel Miele appliances, complemented by marble benchtops. Also incorporates a generous Butler's pantry.
- The allotment is approximately 1011m2 in size with three street frontage, and includes meticulous gardens featuring a show stealing avenue of established pear trees that provide a scene straight out of a magazine, leading to the relaxing in-ground pool which adjoins a guesthouse with ensuite for visitors.
- Cafes, restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and the Bendigo train station are all just a few minutes walk away.
The opportunity to become the next 'custodian' of this significant property has arrived, and it's our pleasure and privilege to offer this property to the market.